Skip to main content

The Impact of Changing Places Toilets written by Luke Nash, a person directly affected.

The Impact of Changing Places Toilets written by Luke Nash, a person directly affected.

On the 1st June 2018, I launched a report which has been written to highlight the impact of Changing Places Toilets. Which affects over 250,000 people in their day to day lives.
'Over a quarter of a million people in the UK need Changing Places Toilets but there are only just over 1,000 across the UK.' (Changing places, 2018) 
My long term plan is to hopefully pressurise parliament into improving the legislation on disabled toilets across the country.  In order to make sure no matter where you are in the United Kingdom every large building or venue includes facilities for those with profound disabilities. This is a basic human right, which the government is withholding from the 250,000 individuals across the United Kingdom!
Therefore I want to persuade parliament to review the legislation regarding Changing Places Toilets. I have conducted an in depth survey in which 113 people, from all different walks of life responded. This enabled me to back up my points and it gave me the push I needed to be able to present a report. to parliament. I have done it on behalf of all 250,000 individuals suffering from lack of basic human rights, going to the bathroom.  
Below are pie charts which show the results from my survey in a clear and consist way.



(L. Nash, 2018)


Since my report was published I have had multiple responses, including A powerful response from The Times, newspaper. Who followed up with a short but meaningful article. Secondly I had response from local political parties and MP’s. Finally I had very emotive response from many people who are personally affected by the lack of facilities available.


Please take the time to overlook and digest my report.  If you are a changing place campaigner, for yourself or others. Then I would like to take a moment to personally thank you. Thank you for all your hard work, support and dedication to making a change. We are closer than ever.


On the 14th September 2018, I received a very important phone call. I have been formally informed that Mr. L Turner has agreed to have a sit down meeting within the near future. To discuss all issues regarding changing place toilets and part M of the building regulations act. This is a massive step in the right direction, for not only the current 250,000 people across the United Kingdom suffering but for the future generations like us.


Regards,
Luke Nash – Campaigning for disabled people alike.

Scribed by Chloe Carter – Support staff.


1.)  http://www.changing-places.org/the_campaign.aspx


2.) http://lukenashchangingplacestoilets.blogspot.com/2018/10/luke-nash-report-on-changing-places.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Nash- Report on Changing Places Toilets.

Introduction This report is being written on behalf of 250,000 disabled people who need a high dependency toilet to live their life to the fullest, to highlight the importance of Changing Places toilets. It shows the results of a survey of 113 people and their experiences with existing toilet provisions. What are Changing Places toilets? – Standard accessible toilets do not meet the needs of all disabled people. “ To use the toilet in safety and comfort, many people need to be able to access a Changing Places, which have more space and the right equipment, including a height adjustable changing bench and a hoist.” (Changing Places Consortium, 2018) My aim Currently, building regulations are under review into whether any changes need to be made to the guidance of the provision of toilet facilities for people with disabilities (see part M on HMCLG website).  After approximately four years of hard campaigning locally and nationally I have worked very closely with Leicester ci
On the 17th of November I went to Chatsworth House Christmas Market. We got there and we found a mobile Changing Places unit, which we weren’t expecting. Thank you to Chatsworth for making this possible!